Healthful – Sustainable – Beneficial
Intensely flavorful, healthful organic vegetables, fruits, and herbs can be yours for the picking. When you grow your own food using USDA Organic and non-GMO seeds, you know exactly what you’re putting on your table, and you will never have to wonder if your food was treated with pesticides or herbicides.
Get started at Rohsler’s, where you will find seeds from Burpee®, Botanical Interests®, and Renee’s Garden. Multiple seed varieties from these companies are clearly marked with the USDA Organic logo.
Rohsler’s will soon be offering One Earth Edibles, a larger selection of USDA certified organically grown vegetables and herbs.
Give your sprouts a great start by conditioning your soil with organic soil amendments and fertilizers. Bumper Crop organic soil amendment is rich in manures, beneficial fungi, and earth worm castings, and is listed by the Organic Materials Review Institute (OMRI).
We have many excellent organic plant foods such as Master Nursery Bumper Crop Plant Food and Espoma Plant-tone. Compost teas are also part of our organic lineup this year.
Thinking about purchasing a compost bin? Rohsler’s can get you started building healthier soil with loads of expert advice.
Concerned about drought or watering restrictions? Consider using rain barrels. You will help your garden grow and conserve water at the same time.
When the growing season ends, scraps from your organically grown plants and vegetables will help build your next round of compost.
Rohsler’s environmentally friendly plant care and production techniques benefit our plants, our customers, and our planet.
- We use beneficial insects in our greenhouses, so insecticide is rarely needed!
- We have significantly minimized our fungicide use, simply by being even more stringent about sanitization practices.
- We rely on compost teas and biological fungicides, and fewer synthetic products.
- We never cover spray, and Integrated Pest Management (IPM) is applied so we always deal with plant care responsibly and safely.
- We continually update our infrastructure with sustainable irrigation products like drip line and capillary mats that do not waste water.
Rohsler's Allendale Nursery
100 Franklin Tpke
Allendale, NJ 07401-2231